This is my second attempt at completing this challenge; my first slipped off the page when I was reviewing my song list at the end of the page. Let's see if I can recreate the "magic"
1. A song from your childhood: "Puff the Magic Dragon" Peter, Paul, and Mary (I think). I either broke the vinyl record that had this song on it or my mom's turntable, i can't remember which. But that's no often I played it as a child.
2. A song that reminds you of your most recent ex: Ooh. "Like a Woman, Like a Man" Damien Rice. I'm not sure I can qualify this choice, but yeah...there it is.
3. A song that reminds you of one (or both) of your parents: "Someday Never Comes" CCR. This song always makes me laugh because, while it defines much of my relationship with my father, I doubt he (my father) will ever hear it, nor would he understand why it is listed here.
4. A song that calms you down: "Famous Blue Raincoat" Leonard Cohen. This was my first recorded cover and still my favorite. I will sing this song sometimes to simply make myself feel human again.
5. A song that is often stuck in your head: "I Wanna Rock" Twisted Sister. The best part about this song is when I belt out my Dee voice and get this song stuck in the heads of every carpenter around me.
6. A song that reminds you of a best friend: "Lullaby" the Cure. All of the Cure's songs remind me of her, this one just happened to come to mind first.
7. A song that reminds you of Summer: "Summer Loving" the Vandals. I must have worn out three mixed tapes with this song on them while tearing through the deserts of Nevada, high on life and cheap casino coffee.
8. A song that reminds you of your first love: "Walking in London" Concrete Blonde. Yeah, just writing it out takes me back to Virginia City.
9. A song that makes you hopeful: "Rebel Yell" Billy Idol. I hope to someday scream this whilst running down a rubble pile into a bloody fist fight with a rival scavenging party in post apocalyptic America.
10. A song by your favorite band: "Confessionary Hymn" Joshua James. The grit and rawness of this artist gets me every time.
11. A song on the soundtrack of your favorite movie: Kind of a tough category for me. There are so many great movies floating through my memory. Was "Jesus Built my Hotrod" by Ministry playing during the first kill encounter in John Wick? If so, then that's my choice. If it wasn't, well, then shoot me.
12. The last song you heard: "Back in Black" AC/DC. A new rock station in town is playing every song they can get their hands on. I'm not complaining and I thought it was a rather fitting song this morning.
13. A song that reminds you of a former friend: "Birthday Pony" Fugazi. This song takes me back to car camping and cheap smokes.
14. A song that reminds you of your current significant other: Any song by Old Crow Medicine Band (is it Band or Show? I can never remember). We laugh every time we hear a new song and say that it was probably recorded by these guys first.
15. A song you love singing along to: "Ice, Ice, Baby" Vanilla Ice. It's so much fun embarrassing the hell out of everyone around me when this song comes on and I bust out every...single...lyric.
16. A song that has made you cry: "Somewhere Over the Rainbow". It is a version that was recorded by a Pacific Islander (I'm pretty sure) who has since passed away. This heartbreaking rendition broke open a dam of tears inside me that I thought would flood all the rest of my years to come.
17. A song that makes you want to dance: "Belo Legosi's Dead" Bauhaus. If you have ever seen me dance then this choice would make more sense.
18. A song that you love but rarely listen to: "Sketches of Spain" Miles Davis. I simply don't sit still long enough to enjoy this beautiful recording anymore.
19. The first song alphabetically listed in your Ipod/Iphone/MP3: "Goodbye Forever" Alkaline Trio. My music (even the songs) are alphabetized by artist.
20. The last song alphabetically listed in your Ipod/Iphone/MP3: "Your Southern Can is Mine" White Stripes. I can't stop laughing right now after having discovered this was the last song.
21. Your favorite song: I don't think anyone who does this challenge can say they have a single favorite song. However, in the spirit of being a good sport, I'll say "Karma Police" by Radiohead. Why? Because it's an amazing song.
22. A song that someone has sung to you: "Winkin', Blinkin', and Nod" by the Irish Rovers (I think). It was in the dappled moonlight filtered through a weeping willow. I will say no more.
23. A song that you cannot stand to listen to: "Baby Got Back" Sir Mixalot. Too many historical reasons to hate this song.
24. A song that you have danced to with your best friend: "Assimilate" Skinny Puppy. I don't actually dance "with" people, but I've danced near my best friend to this song more than once.
25. A song that you could listen to all day without getting tired of: "Combination Lock" Fugazi. I have to will myself sometimes not to hit repeat forever when this song plays.